• Bedroom Side Tables

Earlier this month I worked on a couple of side tables for one of my close friends.  She just recently moved into a new house and is getting it all put together.  She came across a couple of pieces and wanted to use them as side tables in her bedroom.  They turned out pretty amazing!

Here are the before pictures of the items she had:

A black dresser and a wooden barrel

For the dresser we keep the black and painted a deep red on top using our Chalk Powder.  After it dried I distressed the dresser and added a coat of Polyurethane on the top to protect it from water stains.  We also switched out all the hardware.

This photo was in the middle of the process.
  
This is the finished product:


For the barrel this was our inspiration:


 This was it midway:

 For the barrel I did several coats of paint and 5 different colors.  I started with Black, then added Cream, Brown, Red and Gold.  I then went back and added a dark walnut stain over the top which I also used on the round top that I purchased and the trim around the barrel.

Here is the finished product:




No comments:

Post a Comment