• Backyard makeover

One of my friends got a pool put in her backyard and wanted help decorating around it and on her patio.  I was so excited to redo this outdoor space.  Here are some of the before pictures:





I started by creating a lounge and more intimate sitting area under the covered brick area.  I built a wooden bed that would hang from the metal bar studs.  The bed was built from wood and I used chains to hang it.  On the bed I used a blowup mattress that could be waterproof and easily stored during cold months.  I then used patio cushions for the backrest.  For the other side, I spray painted some of her existing furniture and added new cushions.  I also created a hanging light by getting a wagon wheel and wrapping it in icicle lights.







I also created wooden benches that went on the side of the pool for additional seating out of 2x4s


On the porch we added new cushions to her existing table and painted an old table she had and reupholstered the cushions.  Added a new table with umbrella to the corner of the pool and lounge chairs to the other side.  Here is a picture, this was taken at her daughters birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment